Welcome to the M3EWB Network
Our conceptual frame is that emotional well-being is itself an important outcome of mind-body interventions and that emotional well-being may be a mechanism of mind-body interventions on other outcomes. Therefore, it is important that emotional well-being is carefully conceptualized and measured in order to use tools to test mind-body interventions and identify mechanisms.
The M3EWB Network objectives are to:
- Identify essential components of emotional well-being
- Establish an emotional well-being measures toolkit
- Identify mechanisms to inform intervention theory
Example questions to be tackled by M3EWB Network members include:
- What is EWB? What components are essential and how are they best assessed through different methods?
- How relevant are components of EWB across the lifespan and various specific populations?
- How can adult measures of EWB be adapted for valid use in child and adolescent populations?
- What methods of harmonization will allow us to compare EWB across studies?
- What are the neural mechanisms of MBI impact on EWB?
- Is EWB a mechanism by which MBIs bring about better mental and physical health?
Grant #: NIH U24AT011281